Looking for a scholarship? A great place to start is checking whether the university/college/school has a LGBTQ resource center. A center can help you identify local resources, support groups, & scholarships! Find a center at: lgtbcampus.org
- Campus Pride
- The American Anthropological Association Kenneth W. Payne Student Prize
- Equality Leadership Fund Scholarship utahcf.org. Awards $1000 to Utah students persuing secondary education who have demonstrated leadership in advancing equality for LGBT people.
- American Psychological Foundation (APF) Roy Scrivner Research Grants
- Gamma Mu Foundation
- HRC LGBTQ Student Scholarship Database
- The Jeff Iorilla And Roel Hinojosa Scholarship For Liberal Arts
- The League Foundation Provides financial resources for America’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender high school seniors entering their first year of institutions of higher learning.
- National Gay Pilots Association (NGPA)
- National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA)
- PFLAG Salt Lake City; funds five $1000 to students entering college. Email for more information slcpflag(at)gmail.com
- The Point Foundation A national LGBT scholarship fund.
- Stonewall Community Foundation
- University of Utah LGBT Resource Center Scholarships The LGBT Resource Center awards multiple scholarships to students (undergraduate or graduate) every Spring semester; these awards recognize students who are committed to supporting LGBTQIA+ communities and who have demonstrated academic, leadership, professional, and/or personal accomplishments; amount of awards are typically $2,000-$3,500.
- USU Scholarship for LGBT Students Funds scholarships for full-time undergrad or grad USU students who are LGBT or supportive and actively engaged in service to the LGBT community.
- WSU Matthew Shepard Scholarship Funds needs-based scholarship for WSU student (sophomore or beyond) who openly supports GLB individuals.
- Youth Activist Scholarship, ACLU of Utah The students are selected based not only on their activism, but also their academic excellence, leadership and tenacity in overcoming personal hardship; the recipients will each receive a $1,000 scholarship, in recognition of their commitment to civil liberties through activism.